Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Family Reunion to Remember

I just got back from a Family Reunion and let me tell you Whoa!!

At first, everyone was a little intimidate, then everyone started to get social. The reunion was at my Auntie Phelma's house and she lives near a pond and she had a bunch of tubes and boats and stuff. At first, i was a little shy to get into my bathing suit, but nobody looked at me like a cow. I have been skipping two meals, trying to get a better body for high school. My friends say I'm not fat, but i dont believe them. If this doesn't work, I'm probably going to just puke the fat out.

Me and my sister went out on the paddle boat, not knowing that the plug was missing and the thing was filling with water. She was freaking out because she is such a spaz. The whole pond wasn't at all deep, only about 10 to 15 feet. Where we were was shallower; only up to our chests. Anyway, here we are in the middle of a pond trying to get the water out. The thing was sinking fast and we only had one life jacket. I told her to take it because she was freaking out so much, but she threw it back at me. In the end she took it and we both jumped off. Our kind and helpful family decided to come at the last minute to help my sister and i. Once back, everyone was saying how funny it was, but i told them off. I said to them, "I don't think it was very funny, being in a situation like that." I wasn't too scared, it was my sister i was sticking up for. She was crying in a bigger, sturdier boat. "Why don't you go out there in the middle of the pond while a boat is sinking and all your family just sitting safely on the dock, laughing and I'll ask you if your angry." That is a direct quote.

Everyone apologized and we left. We had to pry my sister off the big boat, but she's fine now. She apologized for freaking out on me, but i told her not to worry about it, she was scared and i had to take some kind of control over the situation.

Auntie Phelma has a good heart; she was concerned and i bet she told my stepfather, her husband, and some other relative to go get us. She has a good heart and i love her for that.

Another downside; I didn't have the chance to go tubing T.T

No comments: