Monday, April 20, 2009

Washington DC

This weekend i went on a four-day trip to DC with my band. We had a competition and our concert band got 3rd (which was a total rip off) and the jazz band got 1st (which was awesome) we also got a special award for the jazz band saxophones. I am a saxophone, but Jeff, a senior, got all the credit even though we all played perfectly, except for our warm-up song which didn't count against us at all. I was pissed at that.

Everything else was soo much fun. We stayed at a five-star hotel and i was roomed with my best friend and her friend. Her friend is reeeeealy annoying. The first day in DC she complained about EVERYTHING!!! We did go to bed early because the competition was early the next day, but she freaked out because it was too dark, so we had to leave the bathroom light on. Then, my friend sneezed and she freaked out about that too. Also the heater running she sort of yelled. Then, there was a tiny bit of traffic outside and she complained that "some people were trying to sleep." I was pissed. I could feel my friend controlling her anger. We didn't get to sleep until 11:00 PM. That morning, we got a hotel wake up call and i accidentally thought that my friend was my alarm clock so i reached over and hit her (we were sleeping in the same bed). I finally realized that i didn't have an alarm clock and answered that phone. I said hello only to be answered by a machine saying, "Hello, this is your wake up call." i slammed the phone down and punched my pillow.

We visited the Washington Monument, FDR Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, World War II Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and Vietnam Memorial. We also went to both Smithsonian Museums and the Holocaust Museum. At the Holocaust Museum, i bought a cute little doll. I named her Molly Dolly, but i call her Molly. She's an immigrant girl, supposedly. The bus ride home was dragged a bit. We ate breakfast at Hard Rock Cafe (Which is my Church!!!) and finally set for home. We made too break stops in Delaware and Connecticut, both at gas stations. For Lunch in Delaware was a small veggie cup with ranch dressing and some cheese crackers that made me sick. Connecticut i got a salad from McDonald's.

No comments: